Today is my birthday. I spent it just the way I wanted to - with friends, with myself, doing what I wanted when I wanted to. And amidst the laughter and the good conversation and the marathon of "Psych", I came to one important conclusion: I am loved.
I am loved by many people. I am loved by people who have loved me since birth, or since I was a tortured middle schooler, or a wayward twenty-something. Some days, I feel lonely, but after today, I know that all I have to do is pick up the phone and I have someone who loves me on the other end. When I start to doubt myself, I have someone who will give me words of encouragement or a hug. All I have to do is to reach out, because they are there, those people who love me. They are there every day, whether it's my birthday or not. And that might just be the best gift ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment