Thursday, March 11, 2010

Milestones

There are important days in everyone's life.  There are important days in my life, pivotal, life-changing days, but I don't remember the exact date.  I remember the day my grandmother died, I remember the phone call, the gut-wrenching sorrow, I remember it was in September, but I can't tell you the date without looking it up.  I remember when I realized I wanted to be an actress, a realization that set me on a path that led me to the life I have now, but I can't tell you the date other than it was near the audition time of the spring musical...so it must have been February or March.   There are other days, once that I know, ones that I can picture, where I was, who I was with, what it looked like, smelled like, sounded like, but the dates escape me.  I was thinking about this because a friend is celebrating a milestone today and the date is very important.  It makes me wonder if I truly value my own experiences when I don't remember and celebrate the date.  I think I have some thinking to do....and some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment